Master of Arts in Chaplaincy
A completed application includes:
- A 2-4 page autobiographical essay addressing the following questions:
- What are two personal or professional experiences that have led you to the decision to pursue this degree? What have you learned from each experience? How do you think they will help as you pursue this degree?
- Please describe your faith experience or spiritual path. How has your faith experience or spiritual path affected your life story and your decision to pursue this degree?
- What are your goals after completion of your proposed course of study?
- Three reference names and email address: (1) a Vocational Mentor/Pastor, (2) Professor/Employer, and (3) Character Reference.
Please send the following to the address below:
Moravian Theological Seminary
Director of Enrollment
1200 Main Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018
Official transcripts from all schools attended beyond high school. Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a grade point average of 2.75 or higher. If your school sends transcripts electronically, email them to email@example.com.
Application fee of $50, which can be waived by attending an Info Session or arranging a personal visit.
Approved applicants demonstrate their ability to do graduate theological study in a variety of ways, including their writing, letters of recommendation, grades, and professional and life experience. If you have questions about meeting any of the requirements, contact Dave DeRemer. We look at both your past accomplishments and your potential for success.
Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary is a welcoming community that embraces and values the diversity of all members of the campus community. We accept the uniqueness of all individuals, and we cultivate an environment that respects, affirms, and defends the dignity of each member of our community. Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary does not discriminate against any person based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.