If you do not live in the US and would like to attend Moravian Seminary, you should contact the Director of Enrollment at least one year before the semester you would like to start taking classes. (For example, if you would like to begin taking classes in the Fall Semester of 2020, you should contact the Director of Enrollment in the fall of 2019.)
The Office of Enrollment must receive all of your application materials (including TOEFL/TWE scores) by April 1st to be considered for admission in the fall semester.
In addition to the specific degree admission requirements, you must also supply the following materials:
- Evidence of adequate financial support for expenses not covered by Seminary scholarships.
- Official transcripts of all college and seminary study, which have been translated into English. The Office of Enrollment will submit your transcripts to an outside agency for evaluation to determine academic equivalencies. You are responsible for the cost of the evaluation.
- If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate adequate preparation in English by taking one of the following tests and submitting these scores to MTS:
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Test of Written English (TWE) .www.TOEFL.org You may take the TOEFL in the format of your choosing (paper, computer-based, or internet-based). MTS requires minimum scores for admission as follows: 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, 79-80 on the Internet-based test.
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) www.IELTS.org You must take the Academic test (not the General Training test.) MTS required a band score of 6.5 or higher.
- These tests are administered in most countries, but you must register for them well in advance and pay the fees required to take the tests.
Please know that remedial courses to develop English language competency will not be credited toward seminary development. Students who, in the judgment of the faculty, are found to be inadequately prepared in the English language after being admitted to MTS may be required to withdraw from further academic work.