Spiritual Formation: The Discernment of God in Life and the Formation of the Christian Life (book, 2002)
This 315-page book has been divided into 16 sections for faster downloading and viewing. Click on a chapter to download the PDF.
- Table of Contents
- Chapter I: The Spiritual Journey
- Chapter II: Spiritual Formation: Definition and Perspectives
- Chapter III: Discerning Life: Suffering and Death
- Chapter IV: Discerning Life: The Presence of God
- Chapter V: Discerning Life: The Experience of Evil
- Chapter VI: Discerning Life: Embodiment, Sexuality and Spirituality
- Chapter VII: Discerning Life: A Psychological Model
- Chapter VIII: Discerning Life: Type and Faith Development
- Chapter IX: Forming a Spiritual Discipline
- Chapter X: Spiritual Reading of Scripture
- Chapter XI: Meditation and Contemplation
- Chapter XII: Discernment
- Chapter XIII: The Spiritual Direction of Others
- Conclusion: Complexity and Simplicity
Spiritual Formation I: The Experience of God (1995)
Identifying the presence of God. Lecture presented in Tanzania.
Spiritual Formation II: How our lives are shaped, Becoming the Message (1995)
Lecture on the nature of the person and formation. Lecture presented in Tanzania.